33 days ago,
IS BRANDING IMPORTANT FOR A SMALL BUSINESS?
Many small businesses make the mistake of overlooking branding because they think of themselves as a business, not a brand. But branding is important for businesses of ALL sizes because it increases their value, gives employees direction and motivation, and makes acquiring new customers easier.
Think of your brand this way…First, its more than your logo. Your brand is what people (not just your customers) will think, feel, say, and share about you when you are not in the room.
So what do you want people to think, feel and say about you.
And what will you do to manage that?
Small businesses face some branding challenges that larger businesses don’t need to deal with…and it usually starts with money.
But, you can do remarkable things to brand your business on a small budget:
• understand first what makes you unique (USP) and why would customers be drawn to you
• know your customer —THE LIFEBLOOD OF YOUR BUSINESS
• Identify what your customer needs and how they want it
• have a great logo….a StimulusBrand logo ;-)
• choose your color and type. KISS and be consistent
• be consistent & consistent TONE
• create a talk trigger (your puppy, drum kit, piano, room set-up)
• endear yourself to your community
• focus long-term
• associate with strong brands…..“I like how they do it”
• add VALUE in everything you do. Customer is #1